Re: Clustering, parallelised operating system, super-computing

От Benjamin Smith
Тема Re: Clustering, parallelised operating system, super-computing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:51:08 pm Brian Modra wrote:
> Maybe the best way to solve this is not to do automatic distribution
> of the data, but rather to provide tools for implementing distributed
> references and joins.

Here's my vote! I'd *LOVE* it if I could do a simple cross-database join
(without the ugliness of dblink), it would be just awesome. Two beers for
cross-database foreign keys...

We already do use dblink extensively with a wrapper. for various reporting
functions. Since the cross-database queries are in the minority, it does
function as load balancing, even if the cross-joined queries aren't so
balanced.

believed to be clean.