Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type

От David Fetter
Тема Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 01:33:06PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:59:48PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> >>
> >> Yeah, but I can't see accepting it on speculation.  We'll add it if
> >> and when it's clear that it will be generally useful.
> >
> > Please pardon me for jumping in here, but one of the things people
> > really love about PostgreSQL is that when you reach for something,
> > it's frequently "just there."
> >
> > As we're improving enums (allowing them to be altered easily after
> > creation, etc.), it seems reasonable to provide ways to return them
> > from all kinds of PLs, including making this easier in C.
>
> Maybe so, but it's not clear the interface that Joseph implemented is
> the one everyone wants...

Fair enough.  What's the interface now in a nutshell?  Lack of
nutshells might well mean the interface needs more work...

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: patch: utf8_to_unicode (trivial)
Сообщение: Re: patch: utf8_to_unicode (trivial)