Re: delete query taking way too long

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: delete query taking way too long
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:14:17 +0530
Jayadevan M <Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com> wrote:

> > I've
> > delete from catalog_items where ItemID in (select id from
> > import.Articoli_delete);
> Does catalog_items have child tables where the FK columns are not
> indexed? Regards,

Possibly, but very small ones.

What I missed to say is... that query always worked reasonably fast
in the past. The size of the DB didn't grow substantially recently.

I'd say the query shouldn't be the problem... the question should
have been:
what should I look when postgresql start to behave strangely?
eg. missing resources, locks, solved bug (it is a reasonably old
version)...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

Сообщение: Re: delete query taking way too long
Сообщение: Re: delete query taking way too long