Re: more personal copyrights

От David Fetter
Тема Re: more personal copyrights
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 02:27:50PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > A few months ago Bruce was doing a hunting of personal Copyrights
> > notices, but i still found a lot of files copyrighted to: Regents
> > of the University of California and other files copyrighted to
> > individuals (ej: almost everything inside src/backend/regex is
> > copyrighted to Henry Spencer)
> >
> > there's something we can/need to do about it?  I can make a list
> > if anyone is interested showing what files are still copyrighted
> > to something different to 'PostgreSQL Global Development Group'
>
> I am not sure if we could arbitrarily change the copyright notices
> without explicit permissions from the original authors.

We can't.

What we should probably do is come up with a list of exceptions (Henry
Spencer's regex library, e.g.) and a script to find all non-exception
copyright notices.  This will help us keep the copyrights in the code
base to the standard we set.

I can even see this becoming a commit- or push- hook. :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: is syntax columname(tablename) necessary still?
Сообщение: Re: is syntax columname(tablename) necessary still?