Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Joshua J. Kugler
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 09 August 2010, Joshua D. Drake elucidated thus:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 10:09 -0600, Scott Ribe wrote:
> > It's not a requirement, just a reasonable default.
>
> The actual requirement is:
>
> Thou shall not use a privelaged user, e.g; Administrator or UID = 0.
>
> Not only is that a reasonable default, MySQL is broken because of
> theirs.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Hmm...I've always seen MySQL run under the user mysql.  Of course,
mysqld_safe (the script that restarts mysql if it crashes) starts as
root, but the actually binary runs as mysql.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A