Re: pg_config problem on Solaris 10u7 X64

От Bjorn Munch
Тема Re: pg_config problem on Solaris 10u7 X64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21/07 06.57, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Amber <guxiaobo1982@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I am trying to build RPostgreSQL on Solaris 10u7 X64, but have problems
> > with pg_config, the configure script of RPostgreSQL checks for pg_config and
> > got ?checking for pg_config... /usr/bin/pg_config?. In Solaris 10u7 X64,
> > three versions of PostgreSQL are installed, there are in
> > /usr/postgres/8.2(8.2.9) and /usr/postgres/8.3(8.3.3), the corresponding bin
> > files are in /usr/postgres/<version>/bin and
> > /usr/postgres/<version>/bin/amd64, and the libraries in /usr/bin is 8.1.11
> > and it seems a 32bit, and I can?t find the 64bit version bins for 8.1.11.
> > My question is how to let RPostgreSQL configure script find the 64bit
> > pg_config.
>
> My first guess would be to try changing your PATH before running configure.

Yes, you should set your PATH to have /usr/postgres/<version>/bin/64
before /usr/bin, if you want to use the 64 bit pg_config for 8.2 or
8.3.

I think 8.1 was only included as 32 bit in Solaris.

--
Bjorn Munch, Release Engineer
Oracle Corp. (formerly at Sun)