Re: SHOW TABLES

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Kevin Grittner (Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov) wrote:
> I know, though, that the JDBC spec supports such things -- you can
> keep pulling ResultSet objects off the wire, each with its own
> distinct set of columns.  (That is, each ResultSet has its own
> ResultSetMetaData which specifies how many columns that particular
> ResultSet has, what the column names are, what the data type is for
> each column, etc.  Each ResultSet returned from a response stream
> for a request can be entirely different in all of these
> characteristics.)

I'm pretty sure we don't have the ability to support that at either the
libpq or the protocol level today, but in general I do think it's a good
idea and would be good to support.  To be honest, I seem to recall
someone talking about working on it (or perhaps it's on the TODO?).  In
any case, long way there from here.
Thanks,
    Stephen