Re: Why can't I see the definition of my relations

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Why can't I see the definition of my relations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 12 July 2010 10:18:07 pm A. Kretschmer wrote:

> No, the reason is another:
>
> test=# create table "Stone"(id serial);
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "Stone_id_seq" for
> serial column "Stone.id" CREATE TABLE
> test=*# \d Stone
> Did not find any relation named "Stone".
> test=*# \d "Stone"
>                           Table "public.Stone"
>  Column |  Type   |                      Modifiers
> --------+---------+------------------------------------------------------
>  id     | integer | not null default nextval('"Stone_id_seq"'::regclass)
>

> You have to use the " if the table-name contains upper-case characters.
>

> Andreas

Just for completeness, it is the quoted table name that causes the case
sensitivity. If you do as below than the table name is folded to lower case.

test=> create table Stone(id serial);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "stone_id_seq" for serial
column "stone.id"
CREATE TABLE
test=> \d Stone
                         Table "public.stone"
 Column |  Type   |                     Modifiers
 id     | integer | not null default nextval('stone_id_seq'::regclass)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com