Re: now() gives same time within the session

От: Kenneth Marshall
Тема: Re: now() gives same time within the session
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

now() gives same time within the session  (<>, )
 Re: now() gives same time within the session  ("A. Kretschmer", )
  Re: now() gives same time within the session  (<>, )
  Re: now() gives same time within the session  (Rob Wultsch, )
   Re: now() gives same time within the session  (Thom Brown, )
   Re: now() gives same time within the session  ("A. Kretschmer", )
   Re: now() gives same time within the session  (Kenneth Marshall, )
  Re: now() gives same time within the session  (Heikki Linnakangas, )

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 06:11:31AM -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM, A. Kretschmer
> <> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> I need to log the start and end time of the procedures in a table. But the
> >> start and end time are same. This is how I recreated the issue.
> >>

> >> create table test_time (time timestamp);
> >>
> >> delete from ?test_time;
> >>
> >> insert into test_time select now();
> >

> > Use timeofday() instead, now() returns the transaction starting time.
>

> Is this part of the SQL standard?

No, see section 9.9.4 of the manual.

Cheers,
Ken