Re: Configure Postgres From SQL

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Configure Postgres From SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 12 July 2010 6:29:14 am Tom Wilcox wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to configure postgres from SQL?

Yes to a degree, see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/functions-admin.html

> I am interested in turning off fsync for a set of queries (that take
> ages to run) and then turn fsync back on again afterwards.

This is one of the options not covered by above.
See here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/runtime-config-wal.html

Example:

test=# SELECT current_setting('fsync');
 current_setting
 on
(1 row)

test=# SELECT set_config('fsync','off',false);
ERROR:  parameter "fsync" cannot be changed now

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Configure Postgres From SQL