Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for TCP keepalives on Windows, both for backend and

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for TCP keepalives on Windows, both for backend and
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for TCP keepalives on Windows, both for backend and  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > An easy approximation would be to make the code #ifdef SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS.
> > That would fail if the mingw guys decide to provide the #define without
> > adding the struct at the same time, but that seems moderately unlikely.
>
> Seems reasonable. I'll go do something along that line and verify that
> it actually works :-)
>
> That laves the questions of docs - right now the docs just say it
> works on windows. I guess we need to add some kind of disclaimer
> around that, but the fact is that for 99+% of our windows users it
> will work - since they use the binaries, and the binaries are built
> with the full api - so we shouldn't make it *too* prominent..

Wow, how would they know if the binaries are MinGW compiled?  Does it
show in version()?