Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Maybe so, but the proposed hook placement doesn't actually allow a
> plugin module to be "involved" in the authorization --- we've already
> decided the authorization is OK.  All it can do there is some additional
> initialization, which could equally well be done on first use (if any)
> of the additional information.

Right, I agree that the existing patch isn't what should be done here.

> There might be some value in letting a plugin actually have some control
> over the authentication process, but I'm not sure offhand what a
> reasonable hook design would be.

Definitely needs more thought, but that's the direction that I think
makes more sense.
Thanks!
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance