Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
> >> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of jue jul 01 21:52:00 -0400 2010:
> >
> >> Err, I dunno -- it's just an apt-get away for me, but what will Tom say
> >> when it doesn't work on his ancient HP-UX 10.20 system?
> >
> > I don't try to build the docs on that box anyway --- it does have
> > openjade but such an old version that they don't build.  In practice
> > building the docs already takes much more modern infrastructure than
> > compiling the source code; and besides there are many fewer people
> > who care about doing it.
> >
> > A more interesting question is whether Marc can install a working
> > version of dia on whatever he uses to wrap the tarballs.
>
> that shouldn't be an issue ... Peter runs an update every 3 hours on that
> machine right now as it is ...

OK, everyone seems to like requiring dia.  I wasn't sure how popular dia
was.  One hack solution to allow builds without dia would be to create a
Makefile rule that creates empty PNG files to match the dia files.

Can someone provide the command-line to build the PNG files from the DIA
files?

Сообщение: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Сообщение: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams