HA for PostgreSQL (Auth-Server)

От Michelle Konzack
Тема HA for PostgreSQL (Auth-Server)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello *,

in my enterprise I have an Intranet-Server with NFSv4,  Courier,  Apache
and PostgreSQL and if this Server goes down, nothing will work anymore.

OK, I replicate the WHOLE server all 6 hours, but my PostgreSQL give  me
a bunch of headache, becasue I use "pam-pgsql" for authentication.

What is the best practize to build the PgSQL in HA using a  second/third
external server to keep authentication alive?

I am onging to put, the PostgregSQL on three or more Marvel MV78200 with
attached 4-port SAS controller (using three 74GByte SAS Drives in Raid-1
plus Hotfix) since the Intranet Database itself is only arround 13 GByte

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
ICQ    #328449886

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Bad query performance with more conditions?
Сообщение: Re: Bad query performance with more conditions?