Re: Trying to install ODBC driver on Windows XP notebook

От Gerd Koenig
Тема Re: Trying to install ODBC driver on Windows XP notebook
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Phil,

On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:19:33 pm Phil Jackson wrote:
> I have latest Postgresql installed on a notebook and now trying to
> install the driver which I have downloaded and run so that it is now
> available in the ODBC Data Source Administrator
>
> This machine has CA security suite, latest version installed and I have
> added a network rule that allows all applications using TCP and UDP on
> Port 4532 to gain access In and Out

Do you really have opened port 4532, or is it a typo ? (should be 5432, of
course ;-) ).

> I have the correct database name and get the following message when I
> try to Test the connection.
>
> Could not connect to the server
> No Connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
> (192.168.1.7:5432)

Does your postmaster listen on this address ?
Check your postgresql.conf for parameter "listen_addresses"
What's the error message in detail ?

regarads....GERD.....