Re: A thought about other open source projects

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: A thought about other open source projects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 20 June 2010 12.52:22 Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I don't believe in "database agnostic code".

Using a db abstraction may be the right way to write "database agnostic
code".

I have quite a good impression of SQLAlchemy, for example: it is quite
generic, and it is still possible to write direct SQL for those few queries
where I know that I can create better queries than SQLAlchemy would.

YMMV, of course.  When performance is an issue, optimized code for a certain
DB backend will probably beat abstractions like this every time.  But if
you're just writing a small-ish application, the option to support other db
with minimal effort is quite nice.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 25th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3176

Вложения