От: Juan Pablo Sandoval Rivera
Тема: Confirm calculus
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Good morning List

In relation to the process of tuning the engine PostgreSQL database, especially
7.3.7 version that is being used currently, agreaceria me clarify a procedure

If I have a server with 2 GB of RAM, it is said that the shared memory segment for
the engine of the database on a dedicated server should be between 25% and maximum 33% of the RAM.

I'm doing the calculation would be the next agradeze I confirm if I am
correct

1 MB = 1,048,576
  * 2 = 2097152 1048576
25% would be 2097152 * 25 / 100 = 524288
Then the shared_buffers should be 524288 / 8 = 65536 for 25% of 2 GB
or should be 524 288?

Sincerely.

Juan Pablo Sandoval Rivera
Tecnologo Prof. en Ing. de Sistemas

Linux User : 322765
msn    :
yahoo :  (juan_pablos.rm)
UIN     : 276125187 (ICQ)
Jabber :
Skype  : juan.pablo.sandoval.rivera

APOYA A ECOSEARCH.COM - Ayuda a salvar al Planeta.