Re: Ideal Disk recommendation for PostgreSQL

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: Ideal Disk recommendation for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi All,
>
> We are right now in initial phase to setup a production server having
> PostgreSQL database installed and would require help with Disk configuration.
> The database size would grow approx to 500 GB. I have gone through the
> following link http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/hw_performance/index.html
> which was very helpful.  However what I would like to understand is, do you
> have any figures around minimum / optimal disk performance for postgresql to
> operate? As an example I remember MS have a document on Exchange that gives

Not really. If you have enough money, you can divide your disk-space
into 2 or 3 parts (separate disks and controllers) for data, indexes and
WAL-logging, using tablespaces. But all depends on your workload (and
the available money ...)

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
GnuPG: 0x31720C99, 1006 CCB4 A326 1D42 6431  2EB0 389D 1DC2 3172 0C99