Re: use window as field name in 8.4

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: use window as field name in 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Peter Lee (peter@flairpackaging.com) wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade our postgresql from 8.3 to 8.4.
>
> I found the "window" as field name makes many errors during pg_restore.
>
> - like "item.window".
>
> Is there any way I can restore the dump file from 8.3 without errors.

The best solution would probably be to rename those fields in the 8.3
database, redo the dump, and then load it into 8.4.  You could also use
the 8.4 pg_dump to connect to and dump out the 8.3 database, but if you
don't change the identifiers, anything trying to use that database will
fall over if it doesn't quote the identifiers.

"window" in 8.4 is a reserved word, which it wasn't in 8.3.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения