Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied

От John T. Dow
Тема Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Today we were able to look at the first computer's files.

About 20 - 30 of them were marked system, hidden, read only.

We cleared the attribute bits with the ATTRIB command and the database now appears to be normal. We were able to do a
backup(that failed before) and were able to paste in 50K blocks of text with no problems.

We verified that the data directory is owned by the proper postgres user ("limited account") and that only that user
hasaccess to the directory or its files. (This is unlike the second computer, where we had permitted other users to
haveaccess.)

So it appears to be a pristine postgres installation, except that somehow some of the files were changed.

We have no clue how that happened. At this time the AV software is not installed. We will watch carefully to see if
filesget altered again in this way. Although the second computer has a newer OS and is more powerful, the client
prefersto leave the database on the original computer because it has better physical security.

Now we just wait to see what happens next, if anything. Thanks for your help.

John