Re: Poor Yum User Download Experience

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Poor Yum User Download Experience
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Back on the Yum download page there is a "Direct Download" section,
> which points to:
>
>     https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/wiki/Direct_download
>
> which shows:
>
>     8.4 - New release. Test before you upgrade.
>
> Which obviously is inaccurate because 8.4 has been out for many months now.

Oh, another problem.  When you click on 8.4 above, you see:
[DIR]    Parent Directory          -[DIR]    fedora/    13-Apr-2010 14:19     -[ ]    pgdg-centos-8.4-2.noarch.rpm
15-Mar-201011:51     4.1K[ ]    pgdg-fedora-8.4-2.noarch.rpm    15-Mar-2010 11:35     4.1K[ ]
pgdg-redhat-8.4-2.noarch.rpm   15-Mar-2010 11:34     4.1K[DIR]    redhat/    17-Mar-2010 13:36     -[DIR]    repodata/
 19-Apr-2010 16:24     -

which doesn't make much sense to me, and there is no CentOS directory,
but the Centos noarch.rpm appears in the Redhat subdirectory too.  I
don't know enough about RPMs to know if the subdirectory contents make
any sense.  And maybe all this is fine.

The bottom line is I consider this RPM/Yum site to be an embarassment.
And the number of problems is so great that there is obviously a
systematic disregard for the user experience, which suggests that even
if all the problems I listed are fixed, new problems will regularly
resurface.  This suggests we should be looking elsewhere for RPM/Yum
hosting.

Now, of course, if it is just me who thinks that, then I will just
forget about it.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: