Command Prompt 8.4.4 PRMs compiled with debug/assert enabled

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Command Prompt 8.4.4 PRMs compiled with debug/assert enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue jun 10 11:46:25 -0400 2010:

> > > Just notified Lacey, the packager (not so loudly, though); she's working
> > > on new packages, and apologizes for the inconvenience.
> >
> > [ Thread moved to hackers.  8.4.4 RPMs were built with debug flags. ]
> >
> > Uh, where are we on this?  Has it been completed?  How are people
> > informed about this?  Do we need to post to the announce email list?
> > Does Yum just update them?  How did this mistake happen?  How many days
> > did it take to detect the problem?
> >
> > Why has no news been posted here?
> >
> >     https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/news
>
> Why have I received no reply to this email?  Do people think this is not
> a serious issue?  I know it is a weekend but the problem was identified
> on Thursday, meaning there was a full workday for someone from
> CommandPrompt to reply to the issue and report a status:
>
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2010-06/msg00165.php

[ Updated subject line.]

I am on IM with Joshua Drake right now and am working to get answers to
the questions above.  He or I will report in the next few hours.

FYI, only Command Prompt-produced RPMs are affected.  Devrim's RPMs are
not:
http://yum.postgresqlrpms.org/

http://enterprisedb.com