Re: pg_upgrade invalid option

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade invalid option
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Thom Brown wrote:
> >> The only options available are:
> >>
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Are those instructions for an older version?
> >>

> > That's Bruce's book which is probably 8 or 9 years old now. It's
> > almost certainly referring to the old pg_upgrade shell script from
> > years ago.
> >

> Ah, unfortunately that's the first result in Google.  I've resorted to

I am sure that will change soon.  :-)  The right URL is now #7 on
Google:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/pgupgrade.html

> restoring from a full backup :(  I don't think I could use it for
> upgrading from beta 1 to beta 2 anyway by the looks of things.  The
> binary directories are updated since they share the same version
> number.

You certainly could have.  The docs say:

    F.31.1. Supported Versions

    pg_upgrade supports upgrades from 8.3.X and later to the current major
    release of PostgreSQL, including snapshot and alpha releases.

In fact, we were hoping people would test pg_upgrade during the required
beta2 catalog change.