Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Aleksey Tsalolikhin (atsaloli.tech@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am moving the pg_dump process to a Slony slave.

Good idea.

> Good point.  I tried that, actually, but was still disk-bound.
> (Mostly read activity.)

You could maybe try ionice'ing the PG process that is the pg_dump
connection...  Identifying which one that is would be slightly tricky,
but not all *that* difficult.  Don't know if you really want to go there
tho.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения