Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, June 10, 2010, Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli.tech@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks anyway - glad to hear dumping from a slave is
> a popular approach, that's what we'll do.  This is good,
> it'll allow us to increase our pg_dumps from 1 a day to
> as many as we want to feel safe.

You should look into PITR backups. You can keep a very current running
backup with little overhead.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."