Re: failover vs. read only queries

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: failover vs. read only queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The fact that failover current does *not* terminate existing queries and
> transactions was regarded as a feature by the audience, rather than a
> bug, when I did demos of HS/SR.  Of course, they might not have been
> thinking of the delay for writes.

Probably you would hear different respose from serious users who are
willing to have usable HA systems. I have number of customers who are
using our HA systems (they use several technologies such as commercial
HA solutions, pgpool-II and Slony-I). The one of top 3 questions I got
when we propose them our HA solution is, "how long will it take to
do failover when the master DB crashes?"
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan