Re: Restore roles with same oid

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Restore roles with same oid
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Jeff Amiel (jamiel@istreamimaging.com) wrote:
> On 6/8/10 10:39 AM, "Stephen Frost" <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > I'm afriad you're not going to have a choice..  I would recommend
> > creating a mapping from the old IDs to the new ones as part of this
> > upgrade, to keep the historical information.  Guess it's not nice to
> > point this out- but you really shouldn't have ever used OIDs for
> > something external to PG (or even internally, really). :)
>
> To be honest...this was done early in our postgresql careers (back in the
> 7.X days).  We knew so little.   :)

Then you've been through this before..  Perhaps you should go check out
what you did then.  Back before 8.1, we didn't use OIDs for
users/groups. :)  Changing to OIDs was part of the work that I did to
add role support.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Restore roles with same oid
Сообщение: Re: Restore roles with same oid