Re: Restore roles with same oid

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Restore roles with same oid
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Jeff Amiel (jamiel@istreamimaging.com) wrote:
> On 6/8/10 10:30 AM, "Thom Brown" <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can't you switch to using role names?  I don't think oids are intended
> > to be used by anything other than PostgreSQL.
>
> :( If only I could....massive audit tables contain these IDs with years of
> data....
>
> We have a plan to change to sequence values stored in one of our tables (one
> for each of our postgresql users) but don't want to pull the trigger on that
> plan as part of this upgrade if we can help it.

I'm afriad you're not going to have a choice..  I would recommend
creating a mapping from the old IDs to the new ones as part of this
upgrade, to keep the historical information.  Guess it's not nice to
point this out- but you really shouldn't have ever used OIDs for
something external to PG (or even internally, really). :)

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Restore roles with same oid
Сообщение: Re: Restore roles with same oid