Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL

От: J. Roeleveld
Тема: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  ("J. Roeleveld", )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
  Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Bryan Hinton, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Bryan Hinton, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Andres Freund, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
 Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
   Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
       Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
        Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Jon Schewe, )
         Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Ron Mayer, )
      Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL  (Craig Ringer, )

On Friday 04 June 2010 14:17:35 Jon Schewe wrote:
> Some interesting data about different filesystems I tried with
> PostgreSQL and how it came out.
>
> I have an application that is backed in postgres using Java JDBC to
> access it. The tests were all done on an opensuse 11.2 64-bit machine,
> on the same hard drive (just ran mkfs between each test) on the same
> input with the same code base. All filesystems were created with the
> default options.
>
> XFS (logbufs=8): ~4 hours to finish
> ext4: ~1 hour 50 minutes to finish
> ext3: 15 minutes to finish
> ext3 on LVM: 15 minutes to finish

Hi Jon,

Any chance you can do the same test with reiserfs?

Thanks,

Joost

Сообщение: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: How filesystems matter with PostgreSQL