Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 31 May 2010 10.29:22 Michal Szymanski wrote:
> for Debian sometimes we had to wait many weeks for
> official packages.

FWIW: I've just noticed that Debian experimental carries pg 9.0beta1, it was
uploaded 3.5., so thats not bad, taking into account that it was released
only a few days earlier.

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/postgresql-9.0

Experiemntal packages can be installed directly into Debian unstable (sid)
installations and can often be recompiled rather trivially into Debian
testing.  Depending on how old Debian stable is, compiling there may take a
bit more work (especially for building the stuff depending on the not so
slowly moving targets like python, ruby etc.) but is certainly doable.

Not that I'd recommend using beta packages from experimental on a production
system.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Sterility is inherited. If your parents never had kids, odds are you
wont either.

Вложения