Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Disable executing external commands from psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Ken Tanzer (ken.tanzer@gmail.com) wrote:
> My experience has been that for some reason these folks just don't want
> to download and configure a Linux environment just to be able to "kick
> the tires" on this thing.  So I was thinking self-serve-created demo
> accounts would be a good way to go.  They'd still need putty and WinSCP
> to actually configure anything, but that seems like a lot lower bar to
> hurdle.

You know that you can run psql from under Windows directly..  right?
They wouldn't need a Linux environment to run it.  Just package it up
with PuTTY and WinSCP.

> I meant to ask this on the last response, but I _still_ haven't seen any
> answer to this question.  I hear you about the pager, but it's another
> thing I could live without.  It's really just that \i... :)

If *all* they need is \i, you could write your own libpq-using
client-side app which runs under Windows and reads the files and
executes the commands in them..

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения