Re: Synchronization levels in SR

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Synchronization levels in SR
Дата
Re: Synchronization levels in SR  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> BTW, I think we're going to need a separate config file for listing the
> standbys anyway. There you can write per-server rules and options, but
> explicitly knowing about all the standbys also allows the master to
> recycle WAL as soon as it has been streamed to all the registered
> standbys. Currently we just keep wal_keep_segments files around, just in
> case there's a standby out there that needs them.

Ideally we could set 'slave_sync_count' and 'slave_commit_continue_mode'
on the master, and allow the sync/async mode to be set on each slave,
e.g. if slave_sync_count = 2 and slave_commit_continue_mode = #2, then
two slaves with sync mode of #2 or stricter have to complete before the
master can continue.

Naming the slaves on the master seems very confusing because I am
unclear how we would identify named slaves, and the names have to match,
etc.

Also, what would be cool would be if you could run a query on the master
to view the SR commit mode of each slave.

http://enterprisedb.com