Re: 110,000,000 rows

От david@gardnerit.net
Тема Re: 110,000,000 rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At work I have one table with 32 million rows, not quite the size you
are talking about, but to give you an idea of the performance, the
following query returns 14,659 rows in 405ms:

SELECT * FROM farm.frame
WHERE process_start > '2010-05-26';

process_start is a timestamp without time zone column, and is covered by
an index. Rows are reletively evenly distributed over time, so the index
performs quite well.

A between select also performs well:
SELECT * FROM farm.frame
WHERE process_start
  BETWEEN '2010-05-26 08:00:00'
    AND '2010-05-26 09:00:00';

fetches 1,350 rows at 25ms.

I also have a summary table that is maintained by triggers, which is a
bit of denormalization, but speeds up common reporting queries.