Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables
Дата
Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie may 14 15:03:57 -0400 2010:
>
> > Maybe a better solution is to have some kind of notion of a default-only
> > entry, which is sufficient to insert the default into the struct but
> > isn't accepted as a user-settable item.
>
> This patch (for 8.4, but applies fuzzily to 9.0) implements this idea.
> Note that there's no explicit check that every heap option has a
> corresponding toast option; that's left to the developer's judgement to
> add.  I added the new member to relopt_gen struct so that existing
> entries did not require changes in initializers.

The new "default_only" field can be initialized only from the internal codes
and is not exported to user definded reloptions. We could add an additional
argument to add_xxx_reloption() functions, but it breaks ABI.

How about the attached patch? It just fills fillfactor (and analyze_threshold)
to default values for TOAST relations. I think responsibility for filling
reloptions with proper values is not in the generic option routines but in
AM-specific reloption handlers.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki