Re: pg_upgrade docs

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > I have updated the paragraph to be:
> >
> >     Upgrading from PostgreSQL 8.3 has additional restrictions not present
> >     when upgrading from later PostgreSQL releases.  For example,
> >     pg_upgrade will not work for a migration from 8.3 if a user column
> >     is defined as:
> >
> > Can you suggest other wording?
>
> hmm that seems better thanks, however I just noticed that we don't have
> a "general limitations" section. The way the docs are now done suggests
> that there are not limitations at all (except for the two warnings in
> the migration guide). Is pg_upgrade really up to the point where it can
> fully replace pg_dump & pg_restore independent of the loaded (contrib)
> or even third party modules(like postgis or custom datatypes etc)?

Yea, that's about right.  I can add limiations if you want.  ;-)

The only open pg_upgrade items are the ones on our TODO list:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

(I can't give you a URL hash-reference to the section because it doesn't
work on Firefox and no one seems to be able to fix it.)

http://enterprisedb.com