Re: Parameter oddness; was HS/SR Assert server crash

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Parameter oddness; was HS/SR Assert server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bruce wrote:
> > and my slave recovery.conf was:
> >
> >     restore_command = 'cp /u/pg/archive/%f %p'              # e.g. 'cp /mnt/server/archivedir/%f %p'
> >     standby_mode = 'on'
> >     primary_conninfo = 'host=localhost port=5432'           # e.g. 'host=localhost port=5432'
> >
> > Let me know what additional information I can supply.
>
> I saw Simon's commit fixing this bug.  Another good reason we didn't
> bundle 9.0 beta2 yesterday.

I can now confirm that Simon's patch fixes the bug.  (Unfortunately I
had a web cast yesterday about this feature and the bug prevented me
from completing the demonstration.)

FYI, my presentation shows all the steps necessary to setup HS/SR:
http://momjian.us/main/presentations/technical.html#hot_streaming

One odd thing is we have two paramters that mention hot_standby --- on
the master we have to do in postgresql.conf:
wal_level = hot_standby

and on the slave we do in postgresql.conf:
hot_standby = on

That is a little confusing.

http://enterprisedb.com