Re: How to know killed by pg_terminate_backend

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: How to know killed by pg_terminate_backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Maybe we could make PostgreSQL a little bit smarter so that it returns
> > a different code than 57P01 when killed by pg_terminate_backend().
>
> Seems reasonable. Does the victim backend currently know why it has been
> killed?

I don't think so.

One idea is postmaster sets a flag in the shared memory area
indicating it rceived SIGTERM before forwarding the signal to
backends.

Backend check the flag and if it's not set, it knows that the signal
has been sent by pg_terminate_backend(), not postmaster.

What about new error code:

#define ERRCODE_BACKEND_STOP_REQUEST                MAKE_SQLSTATE('5','7', 'P','0','4')
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan