Re: pg_upgrade code questions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade code questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Devrim G?ND?Z <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:13 +0900, Takahiro Itagaki wrote:
> >> ==== 4. EDB_NATIVE_LANG ====
> >> Of course it is commented out with #ifdef, but do we have codes
> >> for EDB in core?
> >
> > I was about to raise similar thing, for the documentation:
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/pgupgrade.html
> >
> > This includes some references to EDB AS, which should be removed from
> > PostgreSQL official documentation, IMHO.
>
> +1 on getting rid of those references.

Agreed.  When it was on pgFoundry, I had to mention that because it was
unclear who would be using it, but in /contrib we know this is for
community Postgres.  EnterpriseDB did contribute the code so I would
like to keep the code working for EnterpriseDB Advanced Server if that
is easy.

I have added SGML comments to comment out the text that mentions EDB
Advanced Server.  Is that enough?  Should I remove the text from the
SGML?  Should I move it to the bottom of the SGML?  Should I remove the
EnterpriseDB Advanced Server checks from the C code too?  I don't
remember having to deal with anything like this before, so I am unclear
how to proceed.

http://enterprisedb.com