Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> > Clearly, anything is more feature-full than boolean --- the big question
> > is whether Tom's proposal is significantly better than boolean that we
> > should spend the time designing and implementing it, with the
> > possibility it will all be changed in 9.1.
>
> I doubt it's likely to be thrown out completely.  We might decide to
> fine-tune it in some way.  My fear is that if we ship this with only a
> boolean, we're shipping crippleware.  If that fear turns out to be
> unfounded, I will of course be happy, but that's my concern, and I
> don't believe that it's entirely unfounded.

Well, historically, we have been willing to not ship features if we
can't get it right.  No one has ever accused us of crippleware, but our
hesitancy has caused slower user adoption, though long-term, it has
helped us grow a dedicated user base that trusts us.

http://enterprisedb.com