Re: 9.0 beta release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.0 beta release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Alexey Klyukin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noted that the beta release notes linked from the release
> announcement page
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html
> contain some internal notes, that are probably shouldn't be
> visible to  users, i.e:
>
> "The variable bytea_output controls if hex (default) or octal
> escapes are used for bytea output. (SWITCH DEFAULT FOR BETA?
> PETER) Libpq'sPQescapeByteaConn() now uses the hex format for
> PostgreSQL 9.0 servers."
>
> Should the release notes link  point to the cleaned-up version
> of the notes (if there is one) ? Or, alternatively, should the
> questions be moved to the wiki?

No.  The release notes will receive many revisions before they are
final.  I am certain the items you mention will be gone by the time we
get to 9.0 final.

We are trying to not be more compulsive than we already are.  ;-)

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: