Re: missing file in git repo

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: missing file in git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan escribió:

> I pulled together a quick hack, and here is what I get from my
> mirrors. I'm not sure why we get those diffs - it's a bit odd,
> although fairly insignificant.

Well, it's a $Log$ CVS keyword -- it's not surprising that it's failing
to provide exactly identical output, because it's a fairly strange
keyword.  Note that it's the only $Log$ in the whole tree, and the
reason you don't see it in 8.1 and beyond is because that contrib module
was removed.

Moreover, note that this particular file got imported from another CVS
repo that had already expanded this Log keyword.  It's not really
surprising that moving it to git fails to provide a verbatim copy.

If I were worried about this, I'd edit the file in all back branches and
remove the changelog ... or maybe de-magicalize it by removing the first
line.