Re: WAL-files restore and nextval('PK')

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WAL-files restore and nextval('PK')
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Andreas Gaab wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> after an WAL-restore of our Postgres DB, we observe seemingly wrong values of our sequences.

This is normal.  The reason is that sequences are WAL-logged in chunks,
not single values (otherwise they'd be too slow).  So after recovery,
the values jump to the logged values, which are necessarily higher than
the values they last delivered before the crash.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: