Re: Postgres stats collector showing high disk I/O

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Postgres stats collector showing high disk I/O
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 03:27:55PM -0500, Justin Pasher wrote:
> haven't tweaked any settings from the defaults. My
> $PGDATA/global/pgstat.stat file is about 18MB, if that helps. Does
> it really rewrite this entire file every 500ms? Alvaro suggested
> resetting the stats, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do
> that. Seems like pg_stat_reset() is post- 8.1 ...?

I don't have 8.1 handy, but according to this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/monitoring-stats.html
pg_stat_reset() should be available in 8.1.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

От: Justin Pasher
Сообщение: Postgres stats collector showing high disk I/O