Re: stats collector suddenly causing lots of IO

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: stats collector suddenly causing lots of IO
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Chris wrote:
> I have a lot of centos servers which are running postgres.  Postgres isn't used
> that heavily on any of them, but lately, the stats collector process keeps
> causing tons of IO load.  It seems to happen only on servers with centos 5.

Does this correlate to an increase in size of the pgstat.stat file?
Maybe you could try resetting stats, so that the file goes back to an
initial size and is slowly repopulated.  I'd suggest monitoring the size
of the stats file, just in case there's something abnormal with it.