Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  ("Gnanakumar", )
 Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  ("Gnanakumar", )
   Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Scott Carey, )
   Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Scott Carey, )
     Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Scott Carey, )
   Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: Database size growing over time and leads to performance impact  (Greg Smith, )
Scott Carey wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Andy Colson wrote:
> >
> > Dont "VACUUM FULL", its not helping you, and is being removed in newer versions.
> >

> Off topic:  How is that going to work?  CLUSTER doesn't work on tables
> without an index.  I would love to be able to CLUSTER on some column
> set that doesn't necessarily have an index.

VACUUM FULL has been rewritten in 9.0 so that it uses the CLUSTER logic,
except that it doesn't require an index.

If you want to do it in earlier versions, you can use a no-op SET TYPE
command, like so:

ALTER TABLE foo ALTER COLUMN bar SET TYPE baz;

assuming that table foo has a column bar which is already of type baz.