Re: WIP: preloading of ispell dictionary

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: WIP: preloading of ispell dictionary
Дата
Re: WIP: preloading of ispell dictionary  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote some small patch, that allow preloading of  selected ispell
> dictionary. It solve the problem with slow tsearch initialisation with
> some language configuration.
>
> I afraid so this module doesn't help on MS Windows.

I think it should work on all platforms if we include it into the core.
We should continue to research shared memory or mmap approaches.

The fundamental issue seems to be in the slow initialization of
dictionaries. If so, how about adding a pre-complile tool to convert
a dictionary into a binary file, and each backend simply mmap it?

BTW, SimpleAllocContextCreate() is not used at all in the patch.
Do you still need it?

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki