Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql

От strk
Тема Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql
Дата
Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql  (Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:47:45AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 07:35:41PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > 2010/3/12 David Fetter <david@fetter.org>:
> > >
> > > This is, by the way, an excellent argument for including hstore in
> > > core in 9.1. :)
> >
> > I like it - but it looking little bit strange - I thinking we need
> > only one function (maybe with some special support from pl executor)
> >
> > begin
> >   update_field(NEW, 'field', value);
>
> This doesn't seem like a terribly useful addition, it being specific
> to PL/pgsql.  Then there's the quoting issue, which the above doesn't
> quite address.  Putting hstore in would let all the other PLs use it,
> to the extent that they need such a thing. :)

Plus pure SQL use !
I was considering using hstore for a table value too for
a form of "historic table". Just to say I'd also be happy with
it being core in pgsql :)

--strk;
 ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql