Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: [GENERAL] trouble with to_char('L')
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> OK, I have created a new function, win32_wchar_to_db_encoding(), to
> share the conversion from wide characters to the database encoding.
> New patch attached.

Since 9.0 has GetPlatformEncoding() for the purpose, we could simplify
db_encoding_strdup() with the function. Like this:

static char *
db_encoding_strdup(const char *str)
{char   *pstr;char   *mstr;
/* convert the string to the database encoding */pstr = (char *) pg_do_encoding_conversion(
(unsignedchar *) str, strlen(str),                    GetPlatformEncoding(), GetDatabaseEncoding());mstr =
strdup(pstr);if(pstr != str)    pfree(pstr);

return mstr;
}

I beleive the code is harmless on all platforms and we can use it
instead of strdup() without any #ifdef WIN32 quotes.

BTW, I found we'd better to add "ANSI_X3.4-1968" as an alias for
PG_SQL_ASCII. My Fedora 12 returns the name when --no-locale is used.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center