Re: log_statement and syslog severity

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: log_statement and syslog severity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Bruce replied:
> >> This means that, even using syslog as a destination, it's not possible for
> >> me to filter statements without some sort of log-text parsing, which I'd
> >> prefer to avoid on effort, performance and data-integrity grounds.
>
> > Our logging system is very flexible, but not work-free on the user end.
> > I don't see us changing things in that area.
>
> Bruce, that's a little harsh, I think the original poster has a legitimate
> request. Personally, I'd love to be able to split the logs on various things,
> the most important to me being durations and per-database. I looked at the
> code about a year ago to see how hard this would be and found it non-trivial
> (for me), as we're really assuming hard things go to a single filehandle.
> It's definitely an area for improvement, and should be a TODO if not already.

This issue has been discussed and I think the community conclusion was
that this should not be done by the database but rather by external
tools.  I think I was giving an accurate portrayal of the odds of this
getting added.  I do not think there is enough support for this to be a
TODO item.

  PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do