Re: Help : insert a bytea data into new table

От Ben Morrow
Тема Re: Help : insert a bytea data into new table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Quoth dennis <dennis@teltel.com>:
> here is example
>
> table name is "mail":
> column    |   type
> -------------------------
> sender    |char
> subject   |char

I presume you mean 'varchar'?

> content   |bytea
>

> I want copy some record into new table 'mail_new'.
>
> sql:
> create table mail_new as select * from mail sender='dennis'

You omitted the WHERE. It's very hard to see what's actually going on
when you keep mis-typing the commands you used.

> result has an error:
> operator does not exist: text || bytea
>

> But if my sql statement has no column "content"
> the sql works.
> sql:
> create table mail_new as select sender,subject from mail sender='dennis'

No, it still doesn't give that error for me. Show us something you've
*actually* *tried*.

Ben

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: